res@kwamadwala.co.za
Phone : +27 (0) 13 790 4214
Alternative : +27 (0) 82 779 2153

Leopard Creek Golf Course

“Golf is like a cat chasing its tail. You’re never going to catch it. The day you think you’ve got your swing down to a pat, something goes awry and (you’re) back to square one. That’s one reason I love the game so much. It’s the soul-searching and the never ending search is for the perfect swing” – Greg Norman.

“Golf is 20 % mechanics and technique. The other 80% is philosophy, humour, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness, and conversation” – Grantland Rice

A gift to nature Leopard Creek has grown out of the vision of a banker and the skills and expertise of one of the world’s greatest golfers. It is founded on the values of friendship, a common love of the game of gold and a shared reverence for nature.

18 hole golf Course in the African bushveld

It started with a passion for golf and a love of the African bushveld. The dream turned into a reality when Johann Rupert created Leopard Creek and, with Gary Player designed a championship 18 hole golf course as its centre piece. They set out to create a course on which friends could play and enjoy yet which would also test the best of players.

Leopard Creek opened in 1996 as an exclusive membership club for like minded individuals sharing common values. Innovative architectural and landscaping techniques ensure that the golf course and lodges are harmonious with the environment while lakes and streams are diverted through the development to create scenic vistas and interesting golf strategies.

Remodelling the course took place at the turn of the 21st century with a change of grass on the greens and the installation of sub air systems. Golfing hazards take on a new dimension at Leopard Creek where much of the water is home to hippos and the creature after which the adjacent river is named – Crocodile.

This is an exceptional environment, unique in its location, and a notable addition to the world’s most celebrated golf courses.

Kwa Madwala Private Game Reserve has an exclusive arrangement with Leopard Creek to enable us to offer our clients who visit us the opportunity of playing on this magnificent course, subject to availability and by appointment only.

Please note that clients can only play during weekdays (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri)

The course is situated 25 minutes from Kwa Madwala Game Reserve.

Return transfer to and from the course can be arranged with the lodge at an additional cost.